It is essential to understand that the penalties for an Extreme DUI can be life-altering. The seriousness of these penalties underscores the importance of seeking skilled legal representation immediately if you are facing an Extreme DUI charge in Tucson. An experienced DUI attorney can help build a strong defense, explore potential mitigating factors, and work towards minimizing the consequences you may face.
If you are convicted of Extreme DUI in Tucson, you can expect the following penalties:
- Jail Time: A mandatory minimum of 30 days in jail is typically required for an Extreme DUI conviction. However, the court may reduce this to nine days if you complete a court-approved alcohol or drug screening program.
- Fines: You may face fines of up to $2,500, excluding additional court costs and fees. Extreme DUI penalties generally carry higher fines than standard DUI charges.
- License Suspension: Your driver's license may be suspended for a minimum of 90 days. After serving 30 days of the suspension, you may be eligible for a restricted driver's license, allowing you to drive to work, school, or medical appointments.
- Ignition Interlock Device (IID): Installation of an IID in your vehicle is mandatory for an Extreme DUI conviction. The IID requires you to pass a breath test before starting the car and at random intervals while driving, usually for 12 to 18 months.
- Probation: You may be placed on probation for up to five years, during which you must comply with all court-ordered conditions, such as attending alcohol education programs or submitting to random drug tests.
- Criminal Record: An Extreme DUI conviction will result in a permanent criminal record, which can have long-term consequences on employment opportunities, housing, and other aspects of your life.
Super Extreme DUI Charges In Arizona
A Super Extreme DUI is an even more severe category of DUI charge that applies when a driver's Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) reaches or exceeds 0.20% while operating a motor vehicle. In comparison to an Extreme DUI, which is charged at a BAC of 0.15% or higher, a Super Extreme DUI involves extremely high levels of alcohol impairment.
Penalties for a Super Extreme DUI conviction are even more stringent than those for an Extreme DUI and can include longer jail time, higher fines, an extended license suspension, and more stringent probation requirements.
It is essential to understand that a Super Extreme DUI charge is a serious offense in Tucson, Arizona, and can have significant consequences on your life. If you or someone you know is facing a Super Extreme DUI charge, seeking immediate legal representation from an experienced DUI attorney is crucial to protect your rights and work towards the best possible outcome.